ETL Ab-Initio Developer – Contract – Toronto
Do you have a passion for Data ? Are you seeking your next long term contract engagement in busy, beautiful Toronto, ON ? Our client, a financial services organization, is seeking a number of consultants with Ab Initio expertise to join the matrix managed team.
As a Sr ETL Consultant, you'll join a team of analysts, developers and offshore resources in a matrix managed IT services organization. You will be responsible for providing ETL expertise, in AB –Initio, and working with business stakeholders in the financial services arena. You will work on your own small projects, with little or no supervision.
• Perform detailed data profiling on source systems.
• Review physical database objects including fact tables, dimensions, staging, materialized views, and indexes provided by our data architect.
• Support decision-making where transformations should occur in developing new applications, such as ETL job, database, and application code, based on the business function being performed.
• Design ETL process and data flow from source systems to our data warehouse.
• Develop and unit test Ab –Initio/Informatica ETL processes for optimal performance.
• Performance-tune AB-INITIO/Informatica ETL mappings and report queries.
• 4+ years of experience implementing data warehousing and business intelligence solutions, with a good understanding of a data warehousing project’s life cycle.
• 4+ years of experience as an ETL developer using Ab- INITIO and other ETL tools
• Hands-on experience in tuning ETL jobs to reduce run-time and increase efficiency through code tuning, hardware deployment, and architecture changes.
• Advanced SQL query writing and profiling is a must.
• Solid knowledge of Korn shell scripting and/or Python.
• A passion for data.
• Post-secondary education in Information Management or Information Technology (or equivalent) with industry experience. (or)
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline. (or)
• Completion of a college program in computer science.
If you meet the qualifications for this role, please send resume to Jeremy Bell via email: email@example.com We thank all applicants in advance but only those short listed will be contacted at this time.
INTEQNA I.T. provides specialized Recruitment and Contract Consulting services at the professional level, across Canada. We are engaged by some of the top CIOs and CTOs to expose them to candidates who are the best at what they do. We represent IT talent who are not only technically brilliant but also consciously deliver business solutions.
INTEQNA is a division of Design Group Staffing Inc., the largest privately owned recruiting firm in Canada. INTEQNA provides specialized Recruitment services in Information Technology and Finance & Accounting