JBOSS Middleware Administrator – Toronto
Provide your expertise working for a reputable client on a VERY worthy project…
As a Middleware Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, performance, tuning and maintenance of JBoss application servers and other J2EE software products, and fixes on Linux/Windows/UNIX platforms. Furthermore, the Middleware Administrator will troubleshoot application issues and support the application development cycle involved with application design, deploying code, and resolving any infrastructure problems. Other duties include monitoring production environment, tuning J2EE application servers to optimize performance, reinstalling all Middleware products during lease replacements, participating in production problem calls, stabilizing and improving JVM performance by tuning the Heap Size, GC policy, and connection pools.
• At least 3 years of experience in J2EE deployments in two of the following operating systems: preferable Red Hat Linux; Windows 2008
• In-depth knowledge and experience of J2EE framework and applications with at least 2 years of experience in Middleware products such as JBOSS, Tomcat or WebSphere Application Server and Apache
• Prior experience with working in a UNIX/Linux based environment
• Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and HTTP
• Prior Experience with large scale J2EE deployments, Java programming or Software Development Life Cycle
• Solid troubleshooting skills are a must
• Ability and flexibility to support and manage our dynamic 7 X 24 Production J2EE Environment as well as the other testing environments
• Demonstrated ability to keep up with an ever-changing technical environment
• An enthusiastic, highly organized self- starter and a team player that works well as a member of a diverse team
The Next Step
If you are interested in this position please contact email@example.com
INTEQNA I.T. provides specialized Recruitment and Contract Consulting services at the professional level, across Canada. We are engaged by some of the top CIOs and CTOs to expose them to candidates who are the best at what they do. We represent IT talent who are not only technically brilliant but also consciously deliver business solutions.
INTEQNA is a division of Design Group Staffing Inc., the largest privately owned recruiting firm in Canada. INTEQNA provides specialized Recruitment services in Information Technology and Finance & Accounting.